build failure with recent cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Aug 22 21:25:02 CEST 2010

On Sunday 22 August 2010, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> moin,
>
> kdelibs fails to compile for me, suddenly not finding libz and libpng.
> the following message may be indicative for the problem:
>
> -- REQUIRED_VARS  (missing:  VERSION_VAR)
> -- Could NOT find PNG  (missing:  PNG_LIBRARY PNG_PNG_INCLUDE_DIR)
>
> that happens with the cmake release branch from git. running
>   git checkout b6c8d8f8^ && make install
> fixes the problem. i haven't tried to verify whether this merge is
> actually to blame.

Thanks for letting me know.
This is because we have a copy of FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake, and the
version in cmake now supports extended syntax, but the find-modules which we
use from cmake now get out FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake, which cannot
(yet) handle this additional arguments.
I have a look at it.