kdevelop svn build error

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Jun 15 19:42:45 CEST 2009

On Thursday 04 June 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 04.06.09 15:11:04, Chris Bruner wrote:
> > Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> >> Gentoo broke its kdebase/workspace stuff (no idea how thats called). But
> >> they already updated it in the live stuff - or so I heard.
> >
> > Are you saying that there is actually a file called
> > KDE4Workspace__processui in kde but normally under a different name?
>
> No. Gentoo broke the FindKDE4WorkspaceLibs.cmake file or something
> related to that. That file is installed as part of kdebase/workspace and
> creates a CMaket target called "KDE4Workspace__processui" that is in
> CMake "IMPORT" target and points to the actual library installed
> somewhere in your system.

Do you think the error would be easier to understand if the imported target
wouldn't be called "KDE4Workspace__processui" but just "processui" ?
I added the "KDE4Workspace__" as a prefix for the imported targets to make it
clearer where they should come from and also to make it obvious that this is
an imported target and not a file on disk.

But maybe this actually makes it more confusing for people who don't know the
details how it works ?
What do you think ?