FindPlasma.cmake obsolete ?

Modestas Vainius modestas at vainius.eu
Sun Jan 4 22:33:27 CET 2009

Hello,

sekmadienis 04 Sausis 2009, Alexander Neundorf rašė:
> That it doesn't work now doesn't mean it never will.
> At least it won't for 4.2.
> We can try to support somewhat modular builds better for 4.3
> FindPlasma.cmake in its current state doesn't help with this.
Actually it does. Now you plan to *force* developers to remove
find_package(Plasma) from their CMakeLists.txt. So later are you going to tell
them to readd it? That is strange at least. I suggest you strip down
FindPlasma.cmake to the bare minimum, like:

if(NOT KDE4_FOUND)
	find_package(KDE4 REQUIRED)
end(NOT KDE4_FOUND)

find_file(KDE4_PLASMA_FOUND plasma/plasma.h ${KDE_INCLUDE_DIR}
NO_DEFAULT_PATH)

if (KDE4_PLASMA_FOUND)
	set(KDE4_PLASMA_LIBRARY ${KDE4_TARGET_PREFIX}plasma)
	set(KDE4_PLASMA_LIBS ${KDE4_TARGET_PREFIX}plasma)

	find_file(KDE4_PLASMA_OPENGL_FOUND plasma/glapplet.h ${KDE_INCLUDE_DIR}
NO_DEFAULT_PATH)
else (KDE4_PLASMA_FOUND)
	if (Plasma_FIND_REQUIRED)
		message(FATAL "Plasma libraries was not found on the system")
	endif(Plasma_FIND_REQUIRED)
endif (KDE4_PLASMA_FOUND)

<code completely untested>

Basically, what I would like to be done for FindPlasma.cmake in 4.2:

1) Please do not remove FindPlasma.cmake
2) Do not force developers to remove find_package(Plasma) from their projects.
3) Make it required to build Plasma apps somehow (maybe artificially).

If you really plan to work on making build more modular, do not lose these
small bits which are already there (even they were not intentional).

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas at vainius.eu>