Help make KJots kontact plugin optional

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 17:44:12 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to make it easier to build KJots.

Currently it is necessary to checkout the entire kdepim module to build it
because the main application needs to be a KPIM::UniqueApplication so that it
functions as a kontact plugin.

To make it simpler, I want to make building the kontact plugin optional. The
aim is to be able to tell new contributors to:

svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdepim/kjots
mkdir build && cd build
cmake ..
make

I've left some comments in the CMakeLists.txt and the main.cpp for what I
think needs to be done. I think I need to add something like add_definition(-
DKJOTSKONTACTPLUGIN) if the kdepim module is also being built, and then #ifdef
KJOTSKONTACTPLUGIN in the main.cpp.

I don't have any experience with this stuff though, so I would appreciate any
help making this happen.

All the best,

Steve.