installing and finding cmake-built projects

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Nov 17 22:24:40 CET 2008

On Monday 17 November 2008, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> 2008/11/16 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>:
> > I think we should do it this way for all projects in kdesupport/.
>
> It seems nice and I see no downsides. A few questions:
> - What version of CMake is needed?

The FindStrigi.cmake in kdelibs requires 2.6.0 now, or better 2.6.2, since
otherwise there are problems with finding the config files in lib64/
directories.

> - How will you deal with multiple versions installed

As far as I see, currently different versions must be installed in different
prefixes, i.e. I think I didn't see any version numbers in the install()
commands.
Different versions in different prefixes is no (special) problem,
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH (or STRIGI_HOME) must be set so that the desired version is
found.

> or versions
> compiled with different compilers (not uncommon on windows with MSVC
> and gcc)

Currently it just searches for the Config files in the order of the cmake
search directories. The one found first will be used.
How should it work ?