Linker search path problems?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 4 00:00:11 CEST 2008

On 03.06.08 21:30:11, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 June 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > since some time (can't say wether its a week or two or a month), I'm
> > getting this with latest CMake from 2.6 branch:
> >

> > WARNING: Cannot generate a safe linker search path for target kcm_access because there is a cycle in the constraint graph:
> > dir 0 is [/home/andreas/kde4/lib]
> >   dir 2 must precede it due to link library [libphonon.so]
> > dir 1 is [/home/andreas/qt-copy/lib]
> > dir 2 is [/home/andreas/KDE-work/4.0/build/kdelibs/lib]
> >   dir 0 must precede it due to link library [libkdeui.so]
>
> Delete /home/andreas/KDE-work/4.0/build/kdelibs/lib/libphonon.so, it's old, phonon isn't in kdelibs anymore.

That didn't help at all, not even after removing phonon from my install
directory...

Hmm, interesting my KDELibsDependenciesInternal.cmake in
/usr/share/apps/cmake/modules contains references to my build/kdelibs
directory. That is surely wrong.

Hmm, interesting, the problem appears to be when one doesn't install Qt
with Phonon and also not the Phonon from kdesupport. In that case
kdelibs decides to use its "old" phonon and uses that, creating
references to the builddir for some reason. Also kdebase builds with
that phonon without problems - which is why I didn't yet install phonon
from kdesupport. So there's an upgrade issue here, though its easily
fixed by removing build+installdir (or related files if you know which
ones).

Another thing I just noticed during make install in kdebase is that I
get a bit strange runtime paths:

-- Set runtime path of "/home/andreas/kde4/lib/kde4/kfontviewpart.so" to "/home/andreas/kde4/lib:/home/andreas/qt-copy/lib:/home/andreas/kde4/lib"

And the order of the qt-copy and the second kde4 paths change for some
targets.

Andreas

--
Stay away from hurricanes for a while.