RPATH order problem

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu May 3 19:36:22 CEST 2007

David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 May 2007, Brad King wrote:
>> Thanks for the detailed information.  There seem to be two problems:
>
> In fact I would add problem number 0: it picks up system libs in /usr/lib64 over /usr/lib,
> while lib64 is just some compatibility symlink. I'd rather see it find
> PNG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/libpng.so
> than
> PNG_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib64/libpng.so
> for instance. Maybe a realpath() call would be a good idea?

We used to call realpath but ended up having to remove it.  The problem
is that people running with network mounted disks can have the
"realpath" corresponding to a logical directory name actually change
between builds.

>> 1.) The cmOrderLinkDirectories implementation is not detecting the
>> conflict provided by /usr/lib64.  Would you please provide a list of the
>> libraries in /usr/lib64 and a list of those in /d/kde/src/4/qt-copy/lib?
[snip]
> libQtCore.so /usr/lib64/libQtCore.so /d/qt/4/qt-copy/lib/libQtCore.so

I'm unable to duplicate this problem.  Would you please build a CMake
from source, but with the following modification?

In Source/cmOrderLinkDirectories.cxx, uncomment the line

  //#define CM_ORDER_LINK_DIRECTORIES_DEBUG

and change the line

  this->Debug = false;

  this->Debug = true;

Then re-run cmake on the tree having this problem and send me the output.

Thanks,
-Brad