Providing FindFoo.cmake for a kde module "foo"

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Sun Jul 8 18:06:32 CEST 2007

On Jul 8, 2007, at 9:35 AM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> due to a problem (I'd call it a bug actually) in cmake its not
> possible
> to install 2 kde modules where one depends on the other into separate
> directories (and separate directories from kdelibs). For packaging KDE
> module's however its needed that each module is installed into its own
> prefix.

You'll need to explain this more clearly. I have no idea what you're
talking about. IIRC, all of KDE needs to be installed in the same
prefix.

> What I'd like to know is if its generally accepted to move such
> FindFoo.cmake scripts from the foo module into kdelibs or if there are
> certain requirements to be met before doing that?
>
> Andreas
>
> PS: The case I'm looking on is kdevplatform, which is needed by
> kdevelop
> and quanta and the FindKDevPlatform.cmake script sits in kdevplatform
> and I don't want to copy it to kdev and quanta.
>
> --

FindKDevPlatform.cmake should continue to reside in kdevplatform. We
need to be able to change FindKDevPlatform.cmake for new libraries or
such other things. How can we do that if the module resides in
kdelibs and we release our new kdevplatform after kdelibs (which is
exactly what will happen with KDE 4.0.0 and KDevelop 4.0)
--
Matt