cmake and asm?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Jan 20 17:36:27 CET 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 21:03, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've ported a bit of gwenview code to Krita, and it includes an assembly
> file. The old makefile.am bit looks like this:
>
> AM_CCASFLAGS = -I$(srcdir) $(GV_ASM_DEF
>
> libgvimageutils_la_SOURCES = \
>     asm_scale.S \
>
> How do I translate this to cmake?

For now it should be possible to do something like the following:
create a custom command which processes the asm file:

add_custom_command(OUTPUT ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/asm_scale.o
                   COMMAND as ... ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/asm_scale.S
                               -o ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/asm_scale.o
                   DEPENDS ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/asm_scale.S )

and then add the object file to the target:

add_executable(foo ... ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/asm_scale.o )

This should work for now.

Bye