how to build generated sources in parallel with out linking them together?

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Feb 21 20:47:02 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007 19:33 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> On Wednesday 21 February 2007 20:18, you wrote:

> > > What doesn't work ?
> > > Shouldn't it be possible to build a library out of them ?
> >
> > The work "build" here is completely useless - what is "building a
> > library"? to me it's linking - and this is exactly what we want to avoid.
>
> Ok, why ?
a) because we're really only interested in compiling the include statement
b) linking simply does not work with these object files

> > We're only
> > interested in the compiling.
> >
> > BTW: is it possible to INCLUDE() a generated file?
>
> Generated how ? FILE(WRITE ...), COBNFIGURE_FILE() or by some other tool ?
Hmm, I didn't try FILE actually. It was some shell script I wanted to call.
But by now I gave up this experiment as it can't really be done cleanly. The
cmake part is just one half. It would just interest me how to do this.

Greetings, Stephan