OpenGL vs. Qt4 OpenGL

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Dec 13 20:54:28 CET 2007

On Thursday 13 December 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I don't think our buildsystem handles the OpenGL you can
> build in Qt4 vs. the one that comes with a distro.

I don't understand. This isn't like libpng which can be part of Qt...
OpenGL is not "part" of Qt, Qt only has OpenGL support when that's enabled.
i.e. Qt itself uses the OpenGL that comes with your distro, and I guess KDE
only uses Qt OpenGL (QGLWidget), otherwise KDE could make some opengl
calls but couldn't display the result inside a QWidget... pretty useless.