QtCore4.dll

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Thu Nov 9 11:35:57 CET 2006

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Manuel Klimek wrote:

> I'm just curious:
> was it already discussed to name the debug libraries *d.dll on windows?
> I don't want to start a 'religious' discussion ;-),

You started it now! :P

> but this would allow release and debug builds side by side on windows,
> where debug and release libraries mustn't be mixed.

I agree that it can make debugging mixups easier. But IMO all in all it
just puts additional burden on the developer or the maintainer of the
build system. See this case. Using different directories (for those that
really want different types) sounds much easier to me. But then, Windows
and its %PATH% search ...

Harri.