kde qt testing

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu May 18 14:58:58 CEST 2006

On Thursday 18 May 2006 14:40, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> How does KDE test QT GUI applications?  We are interested in creating
> tests for our new QT based Paraview program www.paraview.org.   (the current
> one is tcl/tk based, and a QT one is being developed.   Are there
> tools/approaches for testing KDE GUI's?    I am talking about playback
> and record type of stuff.   Thanks.

You can write tests using QtTestLib, but that's manual work, it's not record/playback.

The alternatives are commercial: squish, or my company's KDExecutor
http://kdab.net/kdexecutor
which is a record/playback tool for Qt applications.
It's free for use for testing KDE programs, however for other Qt programs
there's a per-developer license (much like Qt).