msvc: kabc plugins

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon May 15 11:58:27 CEST 2006

On Sunday 14 May 2006 17:43, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> in kabc/plugins are libraries and plugins with
> the same name when compiled with msvc.
>
> gcc uses different names because of the lib prefix,
> (library: libkabc_file plugin: kabc_file)
> but this does not work with msvc which never uses a prefix.
Right.

> So, what should I do to fix it?
> Renaming the non-plugin libraries or the plugin files?
Whichever, IMHO.

> Do other apps outside of kdelibs link against the non-plugin libraries, or are they only used
> by the plugins kdelibs?

I grepped the output of ldd in my kde3 installation and I can't find anything else that
links to libkabc_dir.so. In fact I don't see how anything could link to it since there are
no installed headers for it. I don't know why the lib was separated from the plugin in
the first place. Tobias introduced it with an unrelated log msg.

My advice would be: get rid of the shared libs, we don't seem to need them.
Put all the code into the plugins.