Fwd: How to build static libraries with cmake (and more)? (was: Re: Testing internal classes)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon May 15 10:18:47 CEST 2006

On Saturday 13 May 2006 18:37, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Or are you more looking for something like the ctest --build-and-test option ?

Yes I think we should aim at ctest --build-and-test support, i.e. being able to build
the test programs before running them, instead of all the time. William A. Hoffman's
post on 2006-02-14 18:23, with the subject "Re: kde unittests integrated in cmake buildsystem",
indicated how to do that (converting all the rules for unit tests to use a macro that calls
ADD_TEST(CustomCommand ${CMAKE_CTEST_COMMAND} --build-and-test etc. ).

Personally I got used to tests being built alongside the rest (which helps detecting
compilation breakage when changing APIs), but I see how in many cases we'd rather just
compile the tests before running them.