Licensing of cmake modules?

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Tue Jun 27 11:55:49 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 08:51, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Before its too late: has anyone ever thought about the licensing of the
> cmake module files? I think we should re-license them as loosely as
> possible (X11/MIT license), so that other projects can just copy&paste the
> code freely.

I'm also in favor of licensing build system files with a license header at the
top, just like with other files. Some think build system files doesn't
matter, but try telling that to the legal division of a company.

However, couldn't the licensing be left to each project in question? (Of
course, anyone can license however they like, but that's not the point.) It
feels like it would be the safest thing do, and that people doesn't have to
mix licenses.

Is there any motivation to why people should be able to copy&paste build files
in particular?

Cheers,

		Frans