win32 port

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Jan 6 01:08:17 CET 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 12:50, Federic-Emmanuel Picca wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 06:17:50PM +0100, Jaros?aw Staniek wrote:
> > Christian Ehrlicher said the following, On 2006-01-05 18:03:
> > > Msvc6 isn't supported.
> >
> > Yes, and it won't be supported due to compiler limitations.
>
> Ok for qt4 it is not relevant tu work with Msvc6.  But when you use the
> generic object for something else than a kde application it can be
> interesting to let users compile with Msvc6.
>
> I am ok to propose a patch just for the generic part of bksys on unix
> and win32.
>
> Are you interest ?
>
> Have a nice day

For KDE, we are requiring either gcc or msvc >= 7 on windows, so no, I don't
think we're interested.

As a sidenote, If you're building a non-qt project, you probably don't even
want to use bksys, but just normal scons instead. bksys's configure detection
mechanisms only use and build on what scons already provides, so I don't
understand how you gain anything by using bksys.
--
Matt