cmake and RPATH

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Feb 16 19:33:47 CET 2006

On Thursday 16 February 2006 16:08, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't work without special flags to the linker ?
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH works on a normal (non-KDE) link
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't work if you use -rpath to the linker (which we do)
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH works again if you use --enable-new-dtags

Ok, then how about this:
-use neither RPATH nor RUNPATH and
-have the buildsystem create a simple shell script for every executable:

#!/bin/sh
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH}:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
<path_to_real_executable>

With such a script it is possible to run the executables and have them find
their libraries in the builddir.

Bye