scons build files for kdegames

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Dec 29 20:06:47 CET 2005

Holger Schröder schrieb:

>On Saturday 03 December 2005 13:23, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>

>>A Dissabte 03 Desembre 2005 12:44, Ralf Habacker va escriure:

>>>Which seems not to be ported to QT4, do you have really compiled this
>>>stuff  ( trunk/KDE/kdegames is also not ported to QT4)
>>>

>>Most of it is. The only things that don't build are kfouleggs, ksirtet adn
>>atlantik iirc

>>>What does the maintainer of kdegames think about ?
>>>

>>There is not much of that. Me as a person that has a light interest on
>>kdegames says i'd like the sconscript to be there, but please don't commit
>>the bksys directory to kdegames, use svn:externals for that.
>>

>well, when bksys stabilizes, it should of couse shared like the admin dir, but
>i had to change quite some things in bksys, and i don´t want to commit them
>to the kdelibs bksys now, because they should be generalizes a little bit
>more. the bksys in kdelibs is not ready to build something that is not
>kdelibs out of the box,

What are the misssing things ? I noticed that an option with-kde=<dir>
or similar should be there

>and it should not be replaced by something that can
>only build kdegames, but by something that is flexible enough to handle both
>kdelibs and others (kdebase, kdegames, ...)

This is the end of a way and requires several iterations. Adding limited
support to compile one additional package is more than not to have.
Other will contribute additional stuff/packages.

>as this is still some way to go, i would like to temporarily commit my bksys
>to kdegames, and from there merge things into the kdelibs bksys step by step,
>and when it is finished, drop the bksys in kdegames and then make it an
>external to the kdelibs one.

You can add experimental code to bksys by wrapping this code by a switch
in the SConstruct config array for example:
config = {
    ...: ...,
    'outside_kdelibs': 1
}
or similar. In kdegames you only have to set this attribute and bksys is
prepared for runing outside kdelibs.

Ralf