Current status of kdebindings

Stefano Crocco stefano.crocco at alice.it
Thu Aug 11 20:01:59 BST 2022

On martedì 9 agosto 2022 09:57:39 CEST Mathieu Jobin wrote:
> Let's revive the Qt/KDE ruby bindings !!!!
>
> it was great to be able to write plasma applet while on KF4
>
> I miss it ...

I've made some small bug fixes in the Qt5 port of QtRuby. If you're interested,
you can find the code at https://github.com/stcrocco/qtruby/tree/qt5stcrocco/
(note that it's the qt5 branch, not master).

I planned to work more on it this summer. Unfortunately, the original code is
quite complex and almost completely undocumented, so my first step was to start
adding documentation (as you can see, the last commits are all documentation),
which should also improve my understanding of the code. It's a slow work,
though, made slower by the high temperatures we're having this summer which
make it hard for me to concentrate.

Stefano