[Kde-bindings] Qyoto on Windows: binary packages

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Wed May 26 12:45:29 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 26 May 2010 00:45:09 Dimitar Dobrev wrote:
> Hi. I'd like to ask when there will be binary packages for Qyoto for
> Windows. What I mean is an msi installer which bundles the needed QT
> libraries and puts qt-dotnet.dll in the GAC, just like the installer for
> GTK#. I think QT is a much better tool-kit than GTK and it's a shame that
> its C# bindings are not as easily available on Windows. If such an
> installer is too much work would at least a zipped archive of the binaries
> be supplied?
>
> By the way, an installer for Qyoto for Mac OS X will be really useful as
> well.
>
> P.S.: Tonight I disrupted my sleep to try and compile Qyoto on Windows.
> After more than 3 hours, having tried both KDE for Windows and a separate
> installation of cmake, I couldn't build Qyoto. I am afraid I won't be able
> to spare additional efforts on that any time soon.
We're currently restructuring the bindings, so currently I have no time to
build Windows packages. However, around the release date for KDE SC 4.5 (that
is, August 22nd iirc), I think I can spare some time to look into the Windows
build.
I've received messages that recent versions of kdebindings don't build anymore
on Windows, but until July or August I don't really have time to look into
that.

I don't know about OS X. I don't own a Mac and I'm really not willing to spend
some hundred euros just for building packages for it. You probably have to
talk to the KDE on OS X team here.

arno at arnorehn.de