[Kde-bindings] Qt on Rails 0.1 released

Declan McGrath declan at weuseopensource.com
Mon Jun 28 22:56:25 UTC 2010

On Monday 28 June 2010 23:06:26 Richard Dale wrote:
> On Monday, June 28, 2010 10:52:22 pm Declan McGrath wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just a quick update on a project I started working on ages ago; and
> > recently managed to get spend a bit more time on to put together a
> > release. It's called Qt on Rails - a framework for building QtRuby apps
> > in Ruby on Rails-style manner. I've put together a blog post at
> > http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4250
> >
> > The most interesting bit of development lately has been getting Qt on
> > Rails apps working on the N900 (albeit via Easy Debian).
>
> That sounds interesting. We need to get some MeeGo Touch ruby bindings
>  going - I don't know how that will fit with Qt on Rails.

Absolutely! MeeGo would be great to target. I think it's probably the most
important platform in many ways - because it's early days for MeeGo and at the
same time a huge opportunity to try and establish any new platforms such as
QtRuby.

Looking forward to Akademy! Despite my flight getting in ridiculously late on
Saturday night causing me to miss the party :(

If only I lived in London for convenient flights!!! (Or Tampere! :-)

Ciao,
Dec