[Kde-bindings] Compiling qtruby with Ruby 1.9

Stefano Crocco stefano.crocco at alice.it
Sun Sep 20 07:52:57 UTC 2009

On Saturday 19 September 2009, Arno Rehn wrote:
> |Hi,
> |
> |Now that I upgraded to Ruby 1.9.1 I get a bunch of errors when I try to
> |compile qtruby (see attachment). As I deduce from the messages on this
> | mailing list, people have already successfully compiled qtruby against
> | Ruby 1.9. Is there anything special I have to do to make it work?

I think you need to create a symlink from
/usr/include/ruby-1.9.1/${ARCH}/config.h to /usr/include/ruby-1.9.1, where
ARCH depends on your system (on mine it's i686-linux).

I think you may also need to explicitly set the RUBY_INCLUDE_PATH and
RUBY_LIBRARY cmake parameters, because otherwise cmake won't find them.

I hope this helps

Stefano