[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Thu May 15 08:45:41 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008 20:01:00 Arno Rehn wrote:
> SVN commit 807397 by arnorehn:
>
> * Merged the modular smoke branch with trunk.
Awesome! I've finally had a look at how you've done it, and it looks very
nice - great work. And it looks like you learned ruby pretty well along the
way - some of the runtime stuff you needed to change is a bit tricky to
follow.

I created a modular Plasma lib, and that worked fine. I'm not sure I should
check it into kdebindings until we've worked out what to do about the clash
with the python applet in kdebase. It could go in playground, but I'm sure
we'll have plenty of other stuff soon that will also depend on things outside
kdelibs.

It looks to me as though we should be able to have a one to one mapping
between the original C++ lib and the corresponding smoke lib - I can't see
any reason why it wouldn't scale to that. Maybe we should do some performance
measurements on the method and class lookups just to check that it is in the
same ballpark as before (perhaps you already have)?