[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings/ruby/plasma

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri May 2 14:03:19 UTC 2008

On Friday 02 May 2008 14:29:00 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 02 May 2008, Richard Dale wrote:
> > SVN commit 803240 by rdale:
> >
> > * Enclosed the applet and data engine example classes within Ruby
> >   modules to match the new krubypluginfactory naming convention.
> >   Everything installed under share/apps has underscores in the names
> >   rather than hyphens. The .desktop file names contain hyphens, and
> >   the X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name entries have hyphens too.
>
> how do these plasma add ons work with plasma's get hot new stuff and
> package support? (to name one of the standard facilities provided for
> non-compiled plugins)
The krubypluginfactory executable will work with any KDE plugin api, not just
Plasma. Could all non-compiled KDE plugins use get hot new stuff and package
support? Is it something specific to Plasma?

if it doesn't make sense to use krubypluginfactory for Plasma, then we can
perhaps think up a way to make it more standard. I'm only using Plasma as a
test bed for fixing things in krubypluginfactory, and aren't greatly bothered
if it doesn't end up being used to load Ruby applets by the time we release
KDE 4.1.