[Kde-bindings] Fwd: Re: Pre-approved Languages

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Thu May 1 16:27:46 UTC 2008

Hello,

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 04:53:54PM +0200, Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> kdebindings is a module for language bindings, not for applications
> that happen to use those bindings.

I agree with Jonathan. The whole KDE software stack, kdebindings in my
opinion fits just above kdelibs and below the applications. It is a kind
of middleware. kdebindings should only depend on kdelibs and kdepimlibs.
Extra bindings for things above kdelibs, e.g. workspace and runtime,
should be done in a separate module such as kdebindings-workspace,
kdebindings-runtime, kdebindings-edu etc etc.

> kdeutils is a module for applications.  There's no paticular
> restriction on what it can depend on, except of course circular
> dependencies.

Right now kdebindings depends on kdelibs and runtime which causes the
problem for the printer applet which belongs in runtime. Richard's
plasma work depends on runtime and should be pulled out and put in a new
module.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/