[Kde-bindings] Qyoto Autotools

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Fri Sep 15 15:21:39 UTC 2006

On Thursday 14 September 2006 21:34, Arno Rehn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just worked out how to use the GNU Autotools with C# and created some
> files for Qyoto. I can already build qyoto.dll with it, but libqyoto.so is
> still somewhat difficult. How can we get the location of smoke.h and
> libsmokeqt.so? Is there something in pkg-config? I haven't found anything.
We should be able to assume that the qyoto project will in kdebindings where
the smoke library is. In qtruby/rubylib/qtruby/Makefile.am, the positions are
given relative to the top src or builddir:

-I$(top_srcdir)/smoke
$(top_builddir)/smoke/qt/libsmokeqt.la

For KDE4 we really should use cmake - I don't know if it can check for Mono,
or build .cs sources into dlls.

It is certainly a big improvement having a Qt.dll (do you mean that instead of
qyoto.dll?). I wondered if it would be worth splitting the generated .cs
sources into sub directories according to what Qt modules they belonged to
like 'qtcore', 'qtgui' and so on, and build seperate .dlls for each.