[Kde-bindings] Utf-8 bug

Han Holl han.holl at pobox.com
Wed Jan 18 22:22:04 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 11:24, Richard Dale wrote:

> There are no known problems with utf-8 strings in QtRuby/Korundum, and I
> would be surprised if it didn't work with a path containing umlauts.

Hi Richard

Well, it took me some time, and it's of course still possible that it's
something completely different, but still.
I've attached an archive of several jpegs, and a small script.
Unpach in /tmp, goto the new directory (with the umlaut in it) and
run ./dcop.rb.
What happens here is that a silly picture is put on the background for 4
seconds followed by 4 seconds of black screen and then the next silly
picture.

If I put them in a pathname without an umlaut nothing strange happens.
Some pathnames with umlauts however work fine.

Cheers

Han Holl