[Kde-bindings] KUniqueApllication segfault

Han Holl han.holl at pobox.com
Sun Feb 5 22:32:43 UTC 2006

Hello:

Call this ttt.rb:
#!/usr/bin/ruby -w
require 'Korundum'

class KdeWallPaper < (ENV['U'] ? KDE::UniqueApplication : KDE::Application)
  def initialize
    @aboutdata = KDE::AboutData.new("kdepaper", "", '', '', 0)
    KDE::CmdLineArgs.init(@aboutdata)
    super()
    background = Qt::Widget.new()
    setMainWidget(background)
    background.show
  end
end
#Qt.debug_level = Qt::DebugLevel::High
app = KdeWallPaper.new
app.exec
## end of ttt.rb

If I do ttt.tb I get an empty widget I can close.

If I do U=1 ttt.rb  I get:
/usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/KDE/korundum.rb:403: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i386-linux]

FC4, kdebindings 3.5.0 from kde-redhat.org with 2 patches (1 for a constructor
problem with newer rubies I got from Caleb Tennis, and the one to include
KWin).
(I also tried kdebindings 3.5.1 with the same result).

I would really like to have an unique application, because it's much easier to
locate with dcop.

Cheers,

Han Holl