[Kde-bindings] Qt4, Smoke + C# status?

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Fri Apr 21 14:17:24 UTC 2006

On Friday 21 April 2006 11:46, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Thursday 20 April 2006 23:21, Simon Edwards wrote:
> > I had a fiddle with it. hacking around the build system enough to get it
> > building against Qt4. The smoke library appears to have built ok, and also
> > libqyoto. But compiling a small test C# program fails in
> > SmokeInvocation.cs:
> SmokeInvocation.cs will work with both Qt3 and Qt4, but the C/C++ code in
> qt3handlers.cpp and qt3qyoto.cpp needs porting to Qt4 in handlers.cpp and
> qyoto.cpp. It isn't difficult to port the code as far as I can remember, if
> you want to have a try. The changes should be pretty much the same as in the
> Qt3 vs. Qt4 QtRuby code.

I fixed up handlers.cpp and qyoto.cpp to use Qt4 and they still compile.
SmokeInvocation.cs still fails to compile:

---------------------
SmokeInvocation.cs(255,59): error CS0246: The type or namespace name
`SmokeClass' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an
assembly reference?
SmokeInvocation.cs(291,72): error CS0246: The type or namespace name
`SmokeMethod' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an
assembly reference?
SmokeInvocation.cs(293,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name
`SmokeMethod' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an
assembly reference?
SmokeInvocation.cs(308,51): error CS0246: The type or namespace name
`SmokeClass' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an
assembly reference?
Compilation failed: 4 error(s), 100 warnings

How are "SmokeClass" and "SmokeMethod" supposed to get into
SmokeInvocation.cs? How are they #included so to speak?

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/