[Kde-bindings] Qt4, Smoke + C# status?

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Wed Apr 19 16:36:48 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, 19. April 2006 14:36 schrieb Richard Dale:
> Hi Simon
>
> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 08:16, Simon Edwards wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm just wondering what the status of the smoke library is on Qt4, and
> > also the C#/CLR bindings. Are there any plans? IS anyone playing in this
> > area at the moment? (Richard?)
>
> The smoke library works fine with Qt4, and the Qt4 version of QtRuby is
> progressing well. I've just recently ported Smoke and QtRuby to Windows, so
> there will be a Windows binary gem as part of the next release (in about 2
> weeks maybe).
>
> I haven't done anything with the Qyoto/Kimono smoke based C# bindings for a
> while, but I'm still very keen on finishing it. I don't think it's worth
> doing anything more with the Qt3 version now, and the project should focus
> on Qt4/KDE 4. I think it would be a really good Google Summer of Code
> project and I was going to suggest to Arno Rehn, who has helped with Qyoto,
> that he might apply if he's interested.

Yes, I am interested, but the problem is the following:

12. Are there any age restrictions on participating?
Yes. You must be 18 years of age or older by May 8, 2006 to be eligible to
participate in Summer of Code 2006.

Actually, I'm 15 years old, I think this would be a little problem.
And I don't know how much time I will have in summer, but if I have enough
time I am going to help as much as I can :).

--
MfG
Arno Rehn
arno at arnorehn.de