[Kde-bindings] KDE4 Smoke ideas

Ashley Winters jahqueel at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 07:43:16 UTC 2005

As I promised earler, I threw up my ideas for a Smoke based off Qt4's
meta-calling conventions. It's long and technical.

http://jahqueel.blogspot.com/2005/06/smoke-for-kde4.html

The cliffs notes version:
* Every function should be made a slot
  - that means you can connect() to anything
  - only one function call implementation required to use regular
functions, virtual functions, and signals/slot

* non-QObjects should have QObject proxy classes
  - QString/QRect/etc functions would be slots, and called the same way
as everything else

* Virtual functions in C++ should emit themselves
  - that probably means you can have multiple mouseMoveEvent handlers
  - you can handle virtual functions in ANOTHER object
    + $foo->connect($bar, mouseMoveEvent => 'doSomething')

Ashley Winters