[Kde-bindings] qtruby installation on macosx

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 09:37:57 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 01:22, jm wrote:
> On 04/04/2005, at 6:48 PM, Richard Dale wrote:
> > On Monday 04 April 2005 06:22, jm wrote:
> >> This is what happens when installing with the supplied directions from
> >> the INSTALL file. (error at bottom of post).
> >> vtable for QHttpResponseHeader referenced from libsmokeqt expected to
> >> be defined in libqt.3.dylib
> >> make: *** [qtruby.bundle] Error 1
> >
> > This looks to me as though you have two incompatible Qt versions
> > installed, so
> > the headers used to generate the Smoke library don't correspond to
> > what the
> > linker finds. Is that possible?
> >
> > -- Richard
>
> No I've only installed QT once, a while ago now, in
> /Developer/qt/mac/free-3.3.2  with a link from /Developer/qt. I was
> going to post the configure parameters used to compile it. Does anyone
> on this list know how to extract them?
Yes, look at config.status in the top level Qt directory. Make sure you use
the same arguments as recommended in qtruby/INSTALL.

> also,
>
> QTDIR=/Developer/qt
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH includes /Developer/qt/lib
> PATH includes /Developer/qt/bin
I've been meaning to build QtRuby on Mac OS X for a while, since I wiped my
Mac OS X machine and reinstalled. I've just downloaded a copy, and I'll try
getting qtruby working today.