[Kde-bindings] Re: Reverted change to inner loop arg match code

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 12:58:58 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 10:17, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 09:06:04AM +0000, Richard Dale wrote:
> > I've just tried:
> >
> > foo = DOM::String.new("test")
>
> doh sorry, wrong test case:
>    revision 1.13
>    date: 2004/01/20 11:32:28;  author: lypanov;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
>    fixing KProgressDialog.new(...).progressBar ...
> example can be found in kde.rb
Ah, found the problem - I was grepping for 'KProgressBar', not
'KDE::ProgressBar'.

        KProgress* progressBar();

        /**
         * Returns the KProgress used in this dialog.
         * To set the number of steps or other progress bar related
         * settings, access the KProgress object directly via this method.
         */
        const KProgress* progressBar() const;

Oh dear, this looks more like a problem with the Smoke runtime to me. If there
are two versions of a method which only differ by constness, then it should
leave one of them out. I can't see any value in having both in there, for
either Perl or Ruby.