Kubuntu Desktop Theme Widget Rendering Issue

Michael Simms micsim2007 at outlook.com
Mon Nov 22 12:56:30 GMT 2021

Hello I'm after some advice as to what value to change and where exactly
to find it to get the black text in the screenshot for the Weather
Widget to display white like it does in the Breeze-Dark theme without
messing up the light window text for every other program that needs to
be black still.

I don't know why it is doing this when the colours file in the
desktoptheme/kubuntu is a symlink to the Breeze-Dark one. So I'm
wondering if it's possible to fix this somehow by editing a config file
on my system or it's something the theme packager would need to address.

My Kubuntu build is 20.04.3 LTS and it's using the kubuntu-ppa but it
also happened with the normal repository kubuntu package.

Alternatively I have tested Breeze Twilight in newer builds of KDE and
that doesn't seem to exhibit the same issue with the Weather Widget, is
it possible to apply that to Plasma 5.18.7 or does it contain
unsupported values that would break it?

Any advice welcome, kind regards

Mike Simms