Bumblebee Indication 0.1

Daniel Meyer me3064 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:13:19 UTC 2012

Name: Bumblebee Indication
Version: 0.1
Type: Plasmoid Script
Depend: KDE 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage:
More Info:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=154575

 Its just a plasmoid intended to sit in a panel
that shows wheter the discrete video card is
running or not with an Nvidia Optimus system using
Bumblebee. The icon goes from black to yellow when
it is activated.

The app does use kde notifications to indicate
when the the discrete card has been activated and
deactivated. I\'ll add a config option later to
make this configurable but for now notifications
are enabled by default.

I have used it for the last few hours and tested
it on openSUSE 12.2 and Kubuntu 12.04 and it ran
perfectly. Didn\'t crash the desktop, cause slow
downs nor any malfunction. It doesn\'t use any
funny modules etc. so it should work universally.

The icons are low res, I\'ll get round to a high
res version later which will look good on the
desktop but I think the panel is where an
indicator belongs. The icons come from the
bumblebee-ui project, if somebody wants to make
nicer ones just send them to me and I may
incorporate them.

Please report any issues to me and I\'ll see what
I can do. This is intended to be a very simple
plasmoid, I am working on a more powerful krunner
runner and bumblebee configuration program in the
near future.

JOB RECOMMENDATION:
------
Sales Engineer - ownCloud Inc. - full time
employee
 http://KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=1750549

more jobs: http://KDE-Apps.org/jobs/