[Kde-announce-apps] KoverArtist 0.5

Stefan Taferner taferner at kde.org
Wed Nov 1 13:27:21 CET 2006

Name: KoverArtist
Version: 0.5
Type: CD/DVD Software
Depend: KDE 3.2.x

 KoverArtist is a program for the fast creation of
covers for
cd/dvd cases and boxes. The main idea behind it is
to be able
to create decent looking covers with some
mouseclicks.

The project started from my need for some decent
covers for the
films I record from television and then often burn
on dvd for
archiving.

With series I usually start with one or two dvds,
and add more as
more episodes are available. So the program -
KoverArtist - had
to be flexible enough to handle that. This also
requires changing
covers on the fly to use cases that can house more
discs.

Changelog:
 Version 0.5
* Some layout tweaking to make the main window fit
better on a 1024x768 screen
  (thanks to Agnese Bonetti for reporting).
* Bugfix: Disc #1 tab was not shown on startup
when no project was opened.
* Bugfix: koverartist crashed when ~/.cddb did not
exist upon audio-cd
  import (thanks to Audidriver for reporting).
* Corrections in German translation.
* Added support for KinoArtist projects
(KinoArtist is not released yet).
* When importing a disc and the project title or
snapshots are not set, the
  disc settings are then used (like when opening a
KMediaFactory project as a
  project).
* Added support for automake 2.6.x

Version 0.4.4
* Bugfix: Translators were not shown in
KoverArtist's about dialog (thanks to Edouard
Marquez!)
* Updated message catalogs from the sources. I did
not do this for some versions (dont ask....).
Translators please update the translations.

Version 0.4.3
* Added French translation, thanks to Edouard
Marquez!
* Added ability to drag&drop disc files (*.koad)
into KoverArtist.
* KoverArtist now updates the preview smarter.
* Open-recent-files menu implemented.
* Bugfix: Can remove images now by clearing the
image-url edit field and
  pressing Return.
* Bugfix: Dropping CDDB entries did not clear the
current disc before adding
  the titles.
* Bugfix: Adding/removing discs did not update the
disc contents tab.
* Bugfix: Crash upon CDDB querying in certain
conditions.
* Bugfix: Did not create CDDB directory for
storing of retrieved CDDB files.

Please see the included ChangeLog file for older
changes.