[Kde-announce-apps] Google Earth 4.0.1693-1

great daddy zvonsully at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 16:45:17 CEST 2006

Name: Google Earth
Version: 4.0.1693-1
Type: Education
Depend: Qt 3.x
License: Proprietary License
Homepage: http://earth.google.com

 Google Earth is a free-of-charge, downloadable
virtual globe program. It maps the entire earth by
pasting images obtained from satellite imagery,
aerial photography and GIS over a 3D globe.

offtopic: many have said that this app should not
be posted here @ kde-apps. I disagree, args:
- it USES  QT 3 , not wine (yes it is a linux
binary)
- kde apps accepts qt apps
- kde apps accepts proprietary licenced programs

I am not affiliated with google and with the
program, I just posted LINKS to it and make a
debian package. Google should contact me if they
do not like the advertising made here ;) .

Changelog:
 - Language selection in client: Tools->Options
then the "General" tab
 - Restore missing Search/Places/Layers panes if
the user chose to hide them version 3.0

 - Scroll wheel now defaults to "zoom in" for
"wheel up". The setting can be
 reversed in Tools->Options then the "Navigation"
tab
 - More reliable reading and writing of kmz files
on systems with non-ascii
 usernames

 - Fixed imported terrain for SketchUp
occasionally showing 'divots'
 - Client now remembers the checked status of all
layers between restarts
 - Improved memory management, client does not
require as much memory
 - Automatic setting of memory cache based on
machine RAM, improves
 performance and prevents flickering overlays
 - Fixed warnings about Software Emulation and
DirectX on Mac and PC systems
Developer Notes:
 - Fixed  tag operation

 - Fixed deletion of local kmz file when linked to
by network link
 - Fixed style information being lost upon restart
of client (for some styles
 that were shared across a folder)
 - Using  on LineString coordinates now replaces
all coordinates
 rather than appends
 - Fixed network link occasionally going into fast
continuous refresh