Is there a project that is jovie successor? (fwd)

Gustav Degreef gustav97 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 10:53:48 BST 2021

Actually, Jovie replaced ktts quite some years ago.  Qtspeech is
supposed to be a partial replacement, but there is no frontend program
to manage the output of speechdispatcher (like Jovie).   e-speak works
fine for me, but bothers everyne else who listens to my computer outptut
(my partner and friends).  e-speak is clear enough, just does not sound
like a person.  Good, I'll look into espeak-ng, thanks! Gustav