[Kde-accessibility] Programmatic control of Simon

Steve it at sca-uk.com
Sat Mar 3 01:54:39 UTC 2012

Hi Peter,

> Wow, that sounds very interesting indeed! Please keep in mind that we
wouldn't
> recommend to control surgical robots with simon just yet, though ;)

Well it does have a Prolog rules-based system to help with navigation, but
it's hardly Arthur C. Clark's Hal 9000 turning off the life-support
systems!!

> Is there a webpage of this project somewhere? I'd like to learn a bit more

> about it...

I'm sorry we don't have a site yet.  The project has been three and a half
years in development, but we expect to have a beta product mid-year.
Web-sites and stuff will be springing up in the second half of the year.

I'm sure you'll be hearing from us regularly as we get Simon up to speed.

> If you want to use DBus more efficiently through a perl script, I'm sure
there
> are plenty of DBus modules available (I don't know perl, sorry).

Well it looks there is a Perl module:
http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/Net-DBus-1.0.0/lib/Net/DBus.pm

Good news.  It's version 1.0.0, so I hope it works!  I'll try it out.

Regards

Steve