[Kde-accessibility] Re: [kopete-devel] Kopete KTTS Plugin

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Wed May 11 15:27:44 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 10:35 pm, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
> playground is now in svn in trunk, not trunk/KDE
>
> /trunk/playground/network/kopete/plugins
>
> or probably
>
> /trunk/playground/accesibility/kopete/plugins
>
> (ask the accesibility guys, perhaps the pluguin fits better in
> accesibility)

If the plugin has a build dependency on kdenetwork, putting it in
kdeaccessibility would not be good.  OTOH, the plugin should not have a build
dependency on kdeaccessibility/kttsd.  At the most,
kdelibs/interfaces/kspeech/.  It should only have a runtime dependency on
KTTS, and here's a code fragment for determining if KTTS is installed:

     KTrader::OfferList offers = KTrader::self()->query("DCOP/Text-to-Speech",
"Name == 'KTTSD'");
     if (offers.count() > 0)
     {
       // KTTSD is installed.
     }

I am not subscribed to kopete-devel; hope this reaches the right people.

Regards
--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer