[Kde-accessibility] Re: fonts control center module improvement

John Levon levon at movementarian.org
Sun May 25 21:19:05 CEST 2003

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 12:47:55PM +0200, Luciano Montanaro wrote:

> Then how would you fix it? The user interface for this improvement can be

I've already given one suggestion for rearrangement.

> I don't know. However, rearranging the GUI is a minor thing, I am interested

How is it minor ? It is what the user actually uses. Hint: the user does
not care at all how the functionality works under the covers, he can
only see what is presented in the UI.

> But how do one saves the current scheme with a name in your interface proposal?

I've answered this already as well. There is no explicit saving, the
changes you make are 'saved' by pressing OK or Cancel.

> Well, leaving aside the fact that the theme manager is not in good shape
> currently, what if the user feels that the standard user interface is good as
> it is, but the fonts are too small/big/the wrong shape for her tastes?

This isn't a use case for font themes. This is a use case for
*changing the fonts once*. For schemes to be useful, the user will want
to play with font settings in multiple schemes, *and* change between
them.

> I think this feature would be valuable for kde accessibity too.
> People with bad sight could select one of the big schemes at once, without
> the need to change one font at a time.

There is perhaps a reasonable argument for some set of pre-defined
schemes for this.

regards
john