[Kde-accessibility] Patches for docs

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt@kde.org
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 09:35:23 +0100

Hi Lauri!

[Lauri Watts]
> I have some patches to make changes in the documentation (kmag, kmouth,
> and kmousetool).  Some are technical in nature, and just bring the docs
> into a state consistent with the rest of KDE documentation, these I
> normally commit anyway.

Well, we were planning to go into string freeze on Friday, but since=20
translation has not started yet, I think we should until all of those=20
changes are commited. Gunnar, Pupeno, is that OK?

> In this case, I have some further changes that are perhaps a little
> editorial in nature.   They are fairly small, mostly changes in the
> installation chapter which tend to be not needed anymore with
> applications that are part of KDE CVS.

I agree with this.

> Question: Would you rather review diff's (they're largeish so I haven't
> attached them) or shall I commit and you can check the changes when
> they are in CVS?  I don't believe I've changed anything controversial,
> but I'm sure you want to see for yourselves.

Well, since we have officially a string freeze now, I think it would be=20
best to commit them after approval by Gunnar or Pupeno.

> Another question: If I work up a framework for a "KDE Accessibility
> Guide" would the team here be interested in helping me fill in the
> blanks.=20

Yes, I was also planning to do something like this. Iain, are you=20
interested as well?

> I'll take care of markup etc for you, if I can have help with the text.

Thank you!

> I'm thinking something like the GNOME document of this name.=20
> Fairly short and to the point, and pointing users with a particular
> need for accesibility towards the tools that will help them (eg, for
> low vision users, kmag, but also how to use the kcontrol tools to
> create a user stylesheet for web browsing, etc.) This would be
> something to add to the generic documentation, probably alongside or as
> part of the KDE User Guide.

Very good ideas. I am looking forward to working with you on this.

BTW, after the 1.0 release of kdeaccessibility, we might do a 1.1 release=
=20
before jumping directly to 3.2, so maybe the style guide could be=20
released before KDE 3.2 is ready.

Olaf.

- --=20
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility Project
KDEAP co-maintainer, maintainer of http://accessibility.kde.org