[Kalzium] Fwd: The patch works for kalzium, but...

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Tue Aug 28 13:41:06 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 28. August 2007 12:27:03 schrieben Sie:
> Yah I did not implement all of the previous functionality since this
> was mainly  a test to show how it could works.

Ah, ok! THen I misunderstood you! As I said earlier I cannot really test
because my OpenGL/Mesa is somehow broken (see kalzium at kde.org).

> However implementing
> the rest of the functionality should be really straightforward. I think
> that at so early stage architecture is more important than funcionality.

I agree.

> As
> I told you in a previous message I think kalzium should become a multipart
> container in the style of KDevelop, specially if you want to target a more
> "professional" people.

I agree as well!

> So tell me if you are going to finally apply the patch, want a more
> elaborate version or prefer to keep previous component.

We have a timing issue here: Featurefreeze for Kalzium (well, for all of
KDE4.0) is in 2 days.

My suggestion: We branch Kalzium and we commit your stuff there. Then you can
develop it directly in KDE's SVN. As soon as it is ready we merge back to
trunk (which will by then be KDE 4.1).

Would that be ok for you?

Carsten

PS: I will CC kalzium at kde.org. Could we move all discussion there?