[Kalzium] Current situation, KDE 3.5, KDE 4.0, Standalone-release

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Thu Jul 28 14:21:59 CEST 2005

Hi

These are my plans for KDE 4 and 3.5:

The next two weeks we should concentrate on 3.5 alone, no forwardporting to
4.0. Then we will declare Kalzium finished, I will ask the translators to
start translation is as there will be no more stringchanges. Until then:

- we should have a look at all open bugs
- look if the new features work
- try too add more QWhatThis and QToolTip
- look if there should be more content in the handbook

In a few minutes I will remove the spectrumeditor, that will be KDE4-stuff. I
will revert the NuclidBoard to the latest working revision and try to make
some improvements to it. (Martin: will you be able to make the latest stuff
work within the next few days? If so I will not revert...). Martins latest
work will of course stay in the trunk. I will also remove elementbox.* as
that is not used in 3.5 anyway.

In about two week I will copy all changes to the trunk and start with the
Qt4-conversion.

Just before Malaga I will release a standalone-version based on the 3.5-branch
including docs+i18n. I will ask several people to create binaries for at
least KUbuntu (I will do them perhaps), SuSE, Mandrive, pure Debian and
Fedora. The more the better.

Questions? Comments?

Carsten