[Inqlude] [GSoC 2016] Improve categorization and search on Inqlude web site

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Mar 13 23:23:57 UTC 2016

Hi Nanduni,

thanks for your list of ideas for the web site. There is a lot of good input
in there.

I still would like to take one step back. For finding a better design for the
web page I consider it to be very important to get some data based on user
feedback. Design solution become much more clear, if you can test them and
decide based on how users actually would use the site.

So my proposal would be to not go immediately to the implementation, but plan
a step of gathering feedback from users or people who could be users. I think
the best way would be to do some user testing of a broad variety of quick
sketches of possible designs. Based on the feeback on those we can narrow the
possible solutions and settle on something where we know it's worth spending
the effort on an actual implementation.

What do you think?

Regards,
Cornelius