[Inqlude] Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Mar 13 23:17:31 UTC 2016

Hi Nanduni,

On Tuesday 08 March 2016 14:39:20 Nanduni Nimalsiri wrote:

> Thank you very much for the reply. I was eagerly waiting for a reply as I
> am very interested in this task. I have some experiences of using Ruby when
> I was working with Kuberntes and Cloud Foundry stuff, but I need to polish
> further.

That's interesting. What did you do in Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry?

> I have already beenfollowing the tutorialspoint
> <http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ruby/> lessons on Ruby. As you have
> suggested, I started learning Ruby through some online video tutorials
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I539U5lXWY&list=PLMK2xMz5H5Zv8eC8b4K6tMaE1
> -Z9FgSOp> by Jake Day Williams.

Great. There are many other sites which help to learn Ruby. I particularly
like http://exercism.io/

> In order to make responsive layouts, I have several suggestions.
> 1. Use frameworks like W3.CSS which is  free to use and no license
> necessary.
> 2. Set a meta view port tag, create a flexible layout / fluid grid, use
> media queries in CSS file
>
> Do you have any better suggestions on this?

I answered that on GitHub already.

> I would also like to know some means to host this website so that I can
> share my designs with the you and the developers. Can I use something like
> OpenShift or do you have better suggestions? As an initial step, I can also
> come up with some mockups.

It's all static, so just creating a branch of the code and sharing this would
already do the trick.

Mockups or even just sketches on paper would be a great way to start a design
discussion and get early feedback. And please think broad, generate a lot of
different and as diverse as possible ideas, before settling on a solution.
Take half an hour to generate ten different sketches for the web site,
something like that.

> One more additional thing: When I send emails to *schumacher at kde.org
> <schumacher at kde.org> *it fails with a problem report from Mail Delivery
> System which I suppose is the mail system at host postbox.kde.org.  So is
> it okay to use* cschum at suse.de <cschum at suse.de>* instead. Thank you.

Could you send me the mail with the problem report? The kde.org address seems
to work fine for me.

One comment about communication: We are one community and we treat each other
as equals. So we simply address each other with the first name and don't use a
formal form of address such as "Sir". You are welcome to do that as well.

Regards,
Cornelius