Building heaptrack_gui

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Oct 12 14:12:57 BST 2023

On Donnerstag, 12. Oktober 2023 14:08:28 CEST sindhu krishnan wrote:
> Hi Milian,
>
> Thank you !
> This is one set of error am facing in kio:
> ==========
> /home/smuthu545/heaptrack-llama/build-sky-llama-panel/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/
> kio-native/5.99.0-r0/kio-5.99.0/src/core/ktcpsocket.h:54:19: error:
> ‘QSslKey’ does not name a type; did you mean ‘KSslKey’?
>      KSslKey(const QSslKey &sslKey);
>                    ^~~~~~~
>                    KSslKey
> ===========

<snip>

This is an error in compilation of kio - it has _nothing_ directly to do with
heaptrack. Similarly, just google and you'll see https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/
qsslkey.html - that class clearly exists. Figure out why `ktcpsocket.h`
doesn't find the include (missing?) and fix it there. I.e. add the missing
forward declaration to the header.

But again, this has nothing to do with heaptrack.

> Similarly, I do see errors like some of the files are not visible
> though it is available in the kio recipe's sysroot.
>
> tmp/work/x86_64-linux/kio-native/5.99.0-r0/kio-5.99.0/src/ioslaves/http/kcoo
> kiejar/kcookiewin.cpp:33:10: fatal error: KUserTimestamp: No such file or
> directory
>  #include <KUserTimestamp>
>
> It is available in :
> ./recipe-sysroot-native/usr/include/KF5/KWindowSystem/KUserTimestamp
> Looks like I have to include the path using CFLAGS.

Are your recipes correctly encoding the dependency chain?

Generally, this is not the right place to ask for such questions. I'm happy to
help with heaptrack stuff, but I won't hand hold your custom yocto build chain
for you.

Thanks

--
Milian Wolff