Help required to test with QtQuick Controls 2

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 16:25:37 BST 2022

Hi,

Due to deprecation of QtQuick.Controls 1 in previous versions of Qt and the
fact that it will be removed in Qt 6, I've started to update the code to
use QtQuick.Controls 2 (
https://invent.kde.org/education/gcompris/-/merge_requests/108).
Ideally, it should be transparent for the users.

As it impacts all the activities, I've created packages for Linux, Android
and Windows to test.
As we also recently did a lot of changes, I think it would be a good time
to review all the activities and check if there are bugs in them so we can
tackle them for the next major version too.

If you are interested to help, I've created a spreadsheet in
https://lite.framacalc.org/gcompris-qtquick2-9tt3 where you can mark your
name in which version you are testing and if you find bugs.
Play the activities, and if you find any thing suspicious, either report
them to https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gcompris or send a mail
to this mailing list if you don't have or want to create an account.

Packages can be found at:
for Linux:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/linux/beta/gcompris-qt-3.0-Linux-gamma.sh
for Android 32b: