Problem: Gcompris does not store correctly Greek letters in a file.

Napoleon Maou napoleon.maou at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 06:14:46 BST 2021

Hi,

I did some more testing and here is what I discovered.

The problem exists only when I install gcompris using the installation
files I downloaded from the web site. Both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

When I install it from the Microsoft application store it works fine.

The process I followed is the following.

1. I removed gcompris using the control panel. I did not manually delete
any directories.

2. I installed gcompris using the Microsoft applications store.

It installed only the safe mode version. I assume it did because in the
applications menu only the safe mode version is shown. When I installed
it using the installation files I download both the normal and safe mode
versions are installed.

It worked fine when installed from the applications store. For my tests
I used only the safe mode version since only this version is installed
through the applications store.

I also did the following test.

I installed gcompris from the applications store.

I created and stored a text file with the word processor.

I loaded it back to the word processor and it displayed the Greek
characters correctly.

I then removed gcompris and installed the 64 bit version using the
installation file I downloaded.

I loaded the file I created with the version that I installed from the
application store. The Greek characters were displayed correctly.

I then stored the same text to a new file. When I loaded the new file
the Greek characters were not displayed correctly.

It seems to me from this test that the problem is created when the word
processor stores the text to the file not when it reads it from the
file. And that the problem exists when I install gcompris using the
installation files I download from the site.

The last problem I noticed is that when I removed gcompris using the
control panel it did not remove the safe mode entry from the
applications menu. It removed the application not the menu entry. So
when I tried to run gcompris from the menu it told me that the
executable was removed and asked my if I wanted to remove the entry from
the applications menu.

Napoleon Maou

Στις 21/8/2021 8:12 μ.μ., ο/η Johnny Jazeix έγραψε:

--
Αυτό το e-mail ελέγχθηκε για ιούς από το πρόγραμμα Avast antivirus.